KEEPERS OF THE FLAME
FLAME TENDERS GUIDE LINES
Doug Bouey and Chip Webster
May 13, 2008
There are three alignment beacons to guide the spirit of the flame keepers as we go into this and subsequent retreats.
- PURPOSES AND NATURE OF KEEPERS:
- Renewal of mind, heart and spirit. We come to continue our growth, and share the journey connecting each of us through our work and our calling. We come to listen from the heart and honor the intentions of our founders.
- Enhancing and expanding the soul of TEC/Vistage and our own souls.
- A time for 10+ year experienced Chairs worldwide to share their story, their journey and their wisdom with people they highly regard but seldom see.
- Ours is a forum where Chairs who have 10+ years experience continue learning about the soul side of Chairing with the intention that the flame be passed from generation to generation.
- Renewing friendships through sharing time and experiences.
- A safe place to quest, to question, and to extend our horizons while honoring the thoughts and feelings of those not accustomed to the “inner work.”
- CONFERENCE AIMS AND CHARACTER:
- Create the maximum space for interaction at a personal and interpersonal level.
- Remind each other why we do the work and the sacred trust we’ve chosen to live by.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere and reach out to the newest members of the 10+ year Chair community.
- Be self-facilitated yet in the moment welcome the feedback of each other.
- We will remain the “least anal” conference in the world.
- Our schedule:
- Convene Thursday evening for a reception
- Start each conference day at 9 am after a nice breakfast
- End at noon
- Two hours for a great lunch
- Reconvene at 2 and end at 5
- Dinner out at 7
- WHAT WE DON’T WANT TO HAPPEN:
- Discuss TEC/Vistage management.
- Talk about how to become a better Chair or find prospects.
- This is not a best practice or “how to Chair “ event.
- Become a union of the old guard or curmudgeons to the Chair community.
- Have a highly orchestrated “action packed” conference loaded with “facts” and didactic downloads.
- Listen to “how many Members one does or doesn’t have”.
VISION: The fundamental values that attracted the 10+ year Chairs to TEC/Vistage are honored and preserved in our community.
MISSION: Spreading the TEC/Vistage vision and values through our example of leadership to all those whose hearts and minds we touch so each realizes their own uniqueness.